Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Pickle...

IN A BAG...I know i could hardely believe my eyes. At clinical on Friday one of the PCA's offered me one of my favorite foods in rare form...

Yup folks thats a pickle in a bag...and not just any pickle a GIANT pickle!!! I had to save it to bring it home and take a picture. I still have some of it it was "rich" if thats a word for a pickle and could only eat half of it.

Aside from my exciting gift of the PICKLE on friday my day was rather stressful. I am on my mental health rotation, and this week i had 2 patients. Thursday went wonderfully i discharged one a teenager who just needed a swift kick to the butt and a middle aged alcoholic who was rather pleasant, just well going through with withdrawals. But friday i got a new patient a 45 year old woman with a history of drug abuse, sexual abuse as a child and prostitution, cutting, and suicide attempts she was in for suicidal ideation(had a plan). Well she also had borderline personality disorder...look it up! but in short imagine a teenager, a very needy one that is very manipulative with bipolar but instead of the ups and downs lasting a couple of weeks or days they last for hours sometimes minutes. Needless to say life suckers....just exhausting patients, so at the end of the day all i wanted to do was scream, and shake this woman....but i know she was sick, but still it's hard, and medicine doesnt' help them, and she couldn't get antianxieties b/c of being a drug addict....errrrr but other than that i LOVE this mental health unit, and actually would like to work in psych ...more specifically i think i want to work in adolecent psych!!!!!

Friday night i stayed home, took a nap, worked on my resume, bc i have a job interview this week, and went to bed early.

Saturday i worked all day, but at the end of my shift my friend megan came i hadn't seen her in forever so we got to chat for a little bit. Then I went to my friend Christina's and we got to go shopping, I got a few things nothing exciting well okay a little a jacket for my job interview for 10$ very cute, and then a blue stripped shirt also maybe for my interview we'll see how i feel on wed. And then a dress to wear this friday for Christina's birthday outing it's cute but i'm not sure i want to keep it, maybe i'll post a picture this week and you can all give your 2 sense!!! AFter shopping we went and rented a movie..."Sydney White...and the 7 dorks" it was very cute a spoof on snow white with amanda bynes I like her so i thought the movie was funny...We also got chipotle for dinner yum yum in my tummy!!!!!

Today i checked out a new church, it was okay but i don't think i want to drive that far (1/2 hour) for something that was just "okay". I took a nap when i got home it was glorious. And then headed to a new panera, i like to mix it up! it is currently filled with adolecent boys who apparently just got out of a swim meet all of their hair is wet and has the same "look" to it. But I should probably start studying for that big test i have on tuesday. Wish me luck!!!!!

Here is a fun picture i took of the pickle!!!! YOu know you want one!!!!!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

i want a pickle! I actually just saw a pickle in a bag at Walmart. What's your interview for???

Jackie said...

Oh Cara, it's so good to hear what you're up to. Sounds like you are getting some great clinical experiance. You're gonna be such an awesome nurse. I want one of those pickles...yum yum

Cheri said...

You and your pickles!
I think you'd do great in the adolescent psych unit.

danaejoy said...

you've never seen a pickle in a bag?! haha the dline captains gave one out as a prize my sophomore year! but that's awesome that you got to enjoy one =)